[Lingtyp] Search for Participants in Study on Sneezing Responses

Charlotte Lehr charlotte.lehr at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 24 19:45:21 UTC 2021

Hello Lingtyp-members,

I'm Charlotte and right now writing my master thesis in Hamburg on the
typology of verbal responses to sneezing. For this I have been
conducting interviews with native speakers of several different
languages, but am still in search of more participants as to make my
thesis more significant. During a presentation of my priliminary
results, someone gave me the tip to write to this mailing list and so I
turn to you!
The interviews are fairly short (about 15 minutes) and are conducted
over the internet (in audio or video chats if possible). The questions
are about how in your native tongue people react to someone sneezing in
their vicinity and things connected to this.

I would be delighted to get as varied a pool of participants as possible
even though all I can offer in return is my gratitude. Some languages
are already covered: Amaharic, Assamese, Bangla, Czech, English,
Finnish, Fula, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Irish,
Islandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mandarin, Persian,
Portugese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Sadri, Slovac, Spanish, Thai,
Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, Yemba;
If you speak (or know people that speak) any other language(s) natively
that are not covered in this list you have the potential to be a great
help to me. Of special interest are languages natives to North and South
America, of which I have so far 0.

If this sounds interesting to you and you would like to help me out,
please contact me via mail or Whatsapp/Telegram/Signal.
charlotte.lehr at hotmail.com <mailto:charlotte.lehr at hotmail.com>
+49 174 9680099

Thank you in advance! : )
Charlotte Lehr