[Lingtyp] word for "pitch" in languages across the world

Bohnemeyer, Juergen jb77 at buffalo.edu
Sun Mar 7 18:55:21 UTC 2021

Dear Adam — I definitely fall into the category of people you tried to discourage from replying :-) I couldn't resist because it just so happens that I routinely use pitch in my classes to illustrate how lexical meanings are built up from intersecting chains of metaphorical and metonymic extensions. I’m attaching a screenshot of the slide I use for this purpose. Sorry! — Juergen