[Lingtyp] 'eye' > singulative marker?

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:32:27 UTC 2021

I can't remember the specifics, but in some language families the root for
'eye' relates to the rounded, globular shape of the organ (minus the optic
nerve), and such a ball-like shape is suggestive of wholeness, and so
singular nature, while other shapes will be suggestive of subdivision and
so multiplicity.

Jess Tauber
tetrahedralpt at gmail.com

Virus-free.