[Lingtyp] ALT joins SLE to support colleagues in need of help

Ljuba Veselinova ljuba at ling.su.se
Tue Apr 5 14:40:23 UTC 2022

Dear All,

The ALT Executive Committee unanimously adopted the following as a way of
showing our concern for all of our colleagues in Russia and Ukraine and
other countries affected by the current situation.

As we all know, due to the war in Ukraine, there is a huge humanitarian and
refugee crisis in Europe. SLE has therefore created a platform where
colleagues willing to host colleagues on the move can offer their support
and colleagues in need can search for it. At the initiative of several
members of the ALT EC, ALT is also joining this platform.

We hope that members of the ALT community of linguists will be able to help
find a solution for our colleagues and their families. Private data will
not be made public. SLE Officers will connect helpers and people in need.

The sign-up form is here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScU0b7QV6yx379-eeLRirSqgZ9juuzVgJitYCDRD7nOAPrpAw/viewform>
.

Best wishes,
Keren and Ljuba, on behalf of the ALT EC

Ljuba Veselinova, Professor
Dept of Linguistics, Stockholm University, S-10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-8-16-2332 Fax: +46-8-15 5389
URL  : https://www.ling.su.se/ljuba.veselinova
<http://www.ling.su.se/ljuba.veselinova>

"We learn by going where we want to go."
                                          Julia Cameron