[Lingtyp] CfP The Evolution of Meaning: Challenges in Quantitative Lexical Typology

Annemarie Verkerk annemarie.verkerk at uni-saarland.de
Tue May 31 10:36:57 UTC 2022

Dear LINGTYP members,

Abstract submission is now open for a new article collection on “The
Evolution of Meaning: Challenges in Quantitative Lexical Typology”. This
Frontiers Research Topic will deal with the evolution of word meaning
from various perspectives, with a focus on quantitative and
computational models and their advantages and shortcomings for assessing
general trends in the evolution of meaning. All research will be
published Open Access. We additionally aim to put together a free eBook
of all published manuscripts to provide an up-to-date and comprehensive
overview of the latest research developments in the field.

You can find a full description of the article collection here:
http://fron.tiers.in/rt/ <http://fron.tiers.in/rt/38650>38650
<http://fron.tiers.in/rt/38650>

The deadline for abstract submissions is the 31st of July 2022; and the
deadline for manuscript submissions is the 30th of December 2022, but we
can accommodate extensions for both on a case-by-case basis. Please do
not hesitate to reach out to us.

Please note that publishing fees are applied to accepted articles, but
the team at Frontiers is happy to advise you in this regard. You can
reach out to our dedicated point of contact at Frontiers, Rose
Gordon-Orr, at communication.
<mailto:communication.submissions at frontiersin.org>submissions at frontiersin.org
<mailto:communication.submissions at frontiersin.org> if you have any
questions. Our collaboration is with Frontiers in Communication, but
submissions are also welcome via Frontiers in Psychology.

On behalf of the editorial team,

Gerd Carling and Annemarie Verkerk