[Lingtyp] tools for calculating morpheme to word ratios

Ian Joo ian_joo at nucba.ac.jp
Wed Oct 25 23:15:28 UTC 2023

Dear Alex,

this would be so lect-specific that it’s hard to imagine that there would be one R package that does this for all lects. (Correct me if I’m wrong)
I don’t know much about Quechuan morphology, but assuming that orthographic spaces express wordhood, wouldn’t str_split_fixed() and grepl() simply do the job?

From Japan,
Ian

- - - - -
JOO, IAN 朱易安
Lecturer 助教
Faculty of International Studies 国際学部
Nagoya University of Commerce and Business 名古屋商科大学
Nisshin, Aichi, Japan 愛知県日進市
https://ianjoo.github.io
- - - - -