[Lingtyp] Intuitions about inclusive time reference

Cat Butz Cat.Butz at hhu.de
Thu Feb 15 10:41:41 UTC 2024

Hi Östen,

In German, I would say:
Mary reich-t       heute ihr-en         Antrag     ein.
Mary hand-3:S:PRES today 3:F:POSS-ACC:S proposal   in

In Bavarian, I would say:
D=mary       raih-d        haid  ia-n            Àndròg    ai.
DEF:F:S=Mary hand-3:S:PRES today 3:F:POSS-ACC:S  proposal  in

In my L2 English, I would say:
Mary is submitting her grant proposal today.

Modifications along the lines of "wollte einreichen / woidd airaiha" or
"was going to submit" feel optional to me.

Best,
---
Cat Butz (she)
HHU Düsseldorf