6.513 Amsterdam colloquium, FTP address correction for GALA'95

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Apr 6 20:17:53 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-513. Thu 06 Apr 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 171

Subject: 6.513 Calls:  Amsterdam colloquium, FTP address correction for GALA'95

Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 07:50:15 +0200
From: AcTen at illc.uva.nl (Tenth Amsterdam Colloquium)
Subject: Announcement / Call for Papers / Tenth Amsterdam Colloquium

2)
Date:          Tue, 4 Apr 1995 15:43:11 +0100
From: "Gala 95" (GALA95 at let.rug.nl)
Subject:       GALA'95: FTP address correction

Date: Mon, 3 Apr 1995 07:50:15 +0200
From: AcTen at illc.uva.nl (Tenth Amsterdam Colloquium)

---please post!!!---please post!!!---please post!!!---please post!!!

            ANNOUNCEMENT / CALL FOR PAPERS

            THE TENTH AMSTERDAM COLLOQUIUM
                December 18---21, 1995

The Tenth Amsterdam Colloquium will be held from Monday 18 until
Thursday 21, December 1995, at the University of Amsterdam. The
Amsterdam Colloquia focus on the interdisciplinary study of
semantics (broadly conceived) and aim at bringing together
logicians, philosophers, linguists and computer scientists who share
an interest in semantics. The spectrum of topics covered ranges from
descriptive (semantic analyses of all kinds of expressions), to
theoretical (logical and computational properties of semantic
theories, philosophical foundations).

The Amsterdam Colloquia are organized every two years under the
auspices of the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation
(ILLC), in which the Department of Philosophy, the Department of
Mathematics and Computer Science and the Department of Computational
Linguistics of the University of Amsterdam cooperate to stimulate
and coordinate interdisciplinary research.

   *The Tenth Installment*

The following people have in principle accepted our invitation to
give a lecture:

 -) Bob Carpenter (Pittsburgh)
 -) Gennaro Chierchia (Milano)
 -) Joe Halpern (San Jose)
 -) Hans Kamp (Stuttgart)
 -) Angelika Kratzer (Amherst)
 -) Fred Landman (Tel Aviv)
 -) Barbara Partee (Amherst)
 -) Krister Segerberg (Uppsala)
 -) Anna Szabolcsi (Los Angeles)

To give this tenth installment a special touch, an evening session
will be devoted to the past and the future of the field of semantics.

   *Submission of abstracts*

The Colloquium has room for 40 contributed talks of approximately
40 minutes. People who want to contribute a paper are requested to
send in SIX copies of an ANONYMOUS ABSTRACT of two pages (at most
1000 words). The abstract must include a short, 10 line, SUMMARY
clearly indicating subject matter and conclusions. A SEPARATE
leaflet should specify the author's name, affiliation, postal
address, e-mail address plus the title of the contribution.
Submission by e-mail is possible, provided that the abstract,
summary and personal details are in ASCII.

The DEADLINE for submission of abstracts is September 1, 1995. The
abstracts will be refereed by the program committee consisting of
Renate Bartsch, Johan van Benthem, Peter van Emde Boas, and the
invited speakers. Authors will be notified of acceptance by October
15. The 10 line summaries of the accepted papers will be included in
the program.

   *Important Dates*

 -) 01-04-95 Call for papers
 -) 01-09-95 Deadline for submissions
 -) 15-10-95 Notification of acceptance
 -) 15-11-95 Distribution of program
 -)  18---21 December 1995 Amsterdam Colloquium
 -) 01-02-96 Final papers due
 -) 15-03-96 Proceedings due

   *Organization*

The organizing committee of the Ninth Amsterdam Colloquium consists
of Paul Dekker, Jeroen Groenendijk, Erik-Jan van der Linden and
Martin Stokhof. Financial support is provided by the ILLC, the
Department of Philosophy, the Department of Mathematics and Computer
Science, the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW),
the European Association for Logic, Language and Information (FoLLI),
and the Dutch Graduate School in Logic (OzsL).

For further information, contact:

               Organizing Committee Ninth Amsterdam Colloquium
        ILLC/Department of Philosophy, University of Amsterdam
    Nieuwe Doelenstraat 15, 1012 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands

                                        tel:    +31 20 5254541
                                        fax:    +31 20 5254503
                                      email: AcTen at illc.uva.nl