6.537 Qs: Minimalism, Rap music, Tiwi, Software for diagramming

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Apr 11 20:16:16 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-537. Tue 11 Apr 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 147

Subject: 6.537 Qs: Minimalism, Rap music, Tiwi, Software for diagramming

                           REMINDER

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 19:00:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Keiko Muromatsu (keiko at wam.umd.edu)
Subject: Minimalism, Uriagereka -- 2nd notice

2)
Date: 5 Apr 95 12:58:00 EST
From: "SUSAN SOTILLO" (SOTILLO at apollo.montclair.edu)
Subject: influence of Rap Music

3)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 14:51:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Karen Baumer (GD 1999)" (kbaumer at minerva.cis.yale.edu)
Subject: Tiwi

4)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 15:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Kischner (kischner at seaccd.sccd.ctc.edu)
Subject: Re: Sentence diagramming and software for it.

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 19:00:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Keiko Muromatsu (keiko at wam.umd.edu)

I am sending this message on behalf of Juan Uriagereka, who is currently
finishing a book on minimalist concepts, to appear in MIT Press. I am
assisting Juan in gathering a minimalist bibliography. If you have a
minimalist paper, dissertation, book, etc. OR a similar material whose
content BEARS on minimalist issues, we would appreciate it if you could
send us the following, for reference purposes:

1) A complete identification of the material, following LI guidelines.

2) A brief abstract (one paragraph or so), describing the material.

3) If at all possible, the actual material (address: Juan Uriagereka
1401C Marie Mount Hall, Linguistics, UMD, College Park, MD 20742)

The ideal piece for citation is a PUBLISHED article or a thesis, although
unpublished manuscripts are also welcome, since Juan is working with
Howard Lasnik on a second book on technical aspects of minimalism, to
appear in Blackwell, and they would like to collect all sorts of
bibliography. The deadline for the MIT Press book is soon (bibliography
should be in by May), whereas the deadline for the Blackwell book is
1997, and material can be sent for that at a slower pace. But please be
sure to provide accurate references the way you want them to appear in
print, and send them by e-mail to my address: keiko at wam.umd.edu, if pos-
sible in ASCII format. We appreciate your cooperation, and hope that we
can adequately refer readers to interesting work on the topic.

   Sincerely,

   Keiko Muromatsu
   e-mail address:keiko at wam.umd.edu

   Deparment of Linguistics