6.541 Qs: Talk-shows, Tok Masta, Ibn Fadlan manuscript, Possessives

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 12 04:10:29 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-541. Tue 11 Apr 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 162

Subject: 6.541 Qs: Talk-shows, Tok Masta, Ibn Fadlan manuscript, Possessives

                           REMINDER

Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 15:49:27 +0200 (CST)
From: Bettina Seifried (Seifried at em.uni-frankfurt.de)
Subject: talk-shows

2)
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 1995 15:53 +0100 (MET)
From: JAKOB LADEFOGED (B940119 at ALF.LET.UVA.NL)
Subject: Sources on Tok Masta - Foreigner Talk of New Guinea

3)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 09:50:50 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Melia M. E. Brush" (ememb at alpha.pr1.k12.co.us)
Subject: Ibn Fadlan manuscript

4)
Date:          Thu, 6 Apr 1995 22:19:47 GMT+7
From: "WIEDRICK. JACK T" (WIED6480 at VARNEY.IDBSU.EDU)
Subject:       this little light of mine...

Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 15:49:27 +0200 (CST)
From: Bettina Seifried (Seifried at em.uni-frankfurt.de)

Dear subscribers,
I am currently involved in a doctoral research project on television
talk-shows from a pragmatic-conversational analytical perspective. I
would like to define this genre of television talk from its ways of
communicating and the respective activity types on a micro-level of
communication.
My focus is on talk-shows involving everyday people rather than celebrities
(e.g. Oprah Winfrey, Rolonda etc.).
I would be grateful for information on related research projects anywhere
in the world.
Yours,

Bettina Seifried
seifried at em.uni-frankfurt.de