6.571 FYI: Web search facility, Yamada Language Center

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Apr 15 22:59:15 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-571. Sat 15 Apr 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 87

Subject: 6.571 FYI: Web search facility, Yamada Language Center

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 95 17:25:38 BST
From: doug at llsun3.essex.ac.uk (Arnold D J)
Subject: Web search facility

2)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 95 16:53:54 -2400
From: judah eckenberg (jeckenbe at gladstone.uoregon.edu)
Subject: Yamada Language Center

Date: Wed, 12 Apr 95 17:25:38 BST
From: doug at llsun3.essex.ac.uk (Arnold D J)

Readers of this list might be interested in a bibliographic search
facility which is available from the Univerity of Essex. It provides
easy access (via the World Wide Web, or email) to over 11,000
bibliographic entries in linguistics, including the "CSLI
Bibliography" and "Sussex: NLP in the 80's" bibliography, as well as a
large (over 6,000 items) database created by members of the CL/MT
group at Essex over the last few years.

Entries can be retrieved in several different formats, including
"refer" style, BibTeX, LaTeX, HTML, as well as plain text.

For web access, the URL is:

http://clwww.essex.ac.uk/search/

For information about mail access, send a mail to

clmtbib at llsun4.essex.ac.uk

with the Subject line containing the word "help".

One of the features of the Web Page is a list of other sources of
bibliographic information (e.g. the University of Saarbrueken's LIDO
facility). It would be nice to include more such information, so
please let us know about other sources, together with any comments. I
will circulate a list these of responses via this list, if it seems
worthwhile.

Apologies to anyone who receives multiple copies of this.

Doug Arnold,                            doug at uk.ac.essex (Janet)
Dept. of Language & Linguistics,        doug at essex.ac.uk
University of Essex,                    doug%essex.ac.uk at ean-relay.ac.uk (ean)
Wivenhoe Park,                          Tel: +44 1206 872084 (direct)
Colchester, CO4 3SQ, UK.                Fax: +44 1206 872085