6.608, Qs: Stimulus, Muscogee, PP, Urdu

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Apr 25 12:52:51 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-608. Tue 25 Apr 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 121

Subject: 6.608, Qs: Stimulus, Muscogee, PP, Urdu

                           REMINDER

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 15:15:45 +0930
From: "David M. W. Powers" (powers at ist.flinders.edu.au)
Subject: Poverty of the Stimulus

2)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 13:18:37 -0500 (CDT)
From: Tamara Pittman (pittman at osuunx.ucc.okstate.edu)
Subject: Muscogee Indian Language

3)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 1995 15:41:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Vincent DeCaen (decaen at epas.utoronto.ca)
Subject: movement within PP

4)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 10:10:38 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Melia M. E. Brush" (ememb at alpha.pr1.k12.co.us)
Subject: Urdu materials

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 15:15:45 +0930
From: "David M. W. Powers" (powers at ist.flinders.edu.au)

Who coined the term "Poverty of the Stimulus"?  Chomsky?  Can someone give me
the reference?  What was the original reference to "Principles and Parameters"?

Thank in advance for any pointers,
dP

--      powers at acm.org   http://www.cs.flinders.edu.au/people/DMWPowers.html
Associate Professor David Powers                David.Powers at flinders.edu.au
        SIGART Editor; SIGNLL Chair             Facsimile:    +61-8-201-3626
Department of Computer Science                  UniOffice:    +61-8-201-3663
The Flinders University of South Australia      Secretary:    +61-8-201-2662
GPO Box 2100, Adelaide  South Australia 5001    HomePhone:    +61-8-357-4220

Ein Reiher hob ein Knie, Bohre hier nie.                (A palindrome)
"A heron raised a knee, never drills here"      (???)