6.626, Calls: Diachronic syntax, Comparative Germanic syntax

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Apr 30 19:32:16 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-626. Sun 30 Apr 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 129

Subject: 6.626, Calls: Diachronic syntax, Comparative Germanic syntax

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 95 11:19:11 EDT
From: DUPUIS FERNANDE (digs4 at er.uqam.ca)
Subject: 4TH DIACHRONIC GENERATIVE SYNTAX CONFERENCE

2)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 15:35:23 -0500 (CDT)
From: Beatrice Santorini (beatrice at zora.ling.nwu.edu)
Subject: COMPARATIVE GERMANIC SYNTAX WORKSHOP XI

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 95 11:19:11 EDT
From: DUPUIS FERNANDE (digs4 at er.uqam.ca)

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
                CALL FOR PAPERS

4TH DIACHRONIC GENERATIVE SYNTAX CONFERENCE
                                (DIGS 4)
                UNIVERSITE DU QUEBEC A MONTREAL
                        MONTREAL, CANADA

DATE: OCTOBER 31, NOVEMBER 1 & 2, 1995

INVITED SPEAKERS:
        A. Kroch (University of Pennsylvania)
        A. Kemenade (Vrye Universiteit of Amsterdam)
        C. Lefebvre (Universite du Quebec a Montreal)
        G. Longobardi  (University of Venice)
        J. Lumsden (Universite du Quebec a Montreal)
        C. Marchello-Nizia (ENS  Fontenay-aux-Roses)
        J.-Y. Pollock (Universite de Picardie)
        M.- L Rivero (University of Ottawa)
        I. Roberts (University of Wales)

PAPERS focusing on, but not limited to) syntactic or
morphosyntactic  change and variation,creole formation, are
solicited.We also plan to hold a workshop on theoretical and
methological aspects of corpus-based analysis

Abstracts are invited for 30 minute talks. Each talk will be
followed by a ten minute discussion period

ABSTRACTS REQUIREMENTS

        1. Send FIVE copies of an anonymous one-page
        abstract.
        Abstracts should be clearly titled.
        2. Send ONE extra camera ready version with name
        and affiliation
        3. Include a 3x5 card with this information:  1) name,
        2) paper title, 3) affiliation, 4) mailing address,
        5) e-mail address, 6)phone number, 7) audio-visual
        needs.

Mail all abstracts  to the following address:
DIGS 4    1995
Departement de linguistique
Universite du Quebec a Montreal
CP 8888, Succ. Centre-ville,
Montreal, Canada H3C 3P8

We are unable to accept fax or e-mail submissions.

Abstracts MUST BE RECEIVED by JULY 8, 1995

Further information about accomodations and conference
rates will be sent in a subsequent message.
For additional information: e-mail DIGS4 at UQAM.CA
                        http://www.ling.uqam.ca

END OF THE MESSAGE