6.1056, Qs: Non-linguists, Teaching stress, Learning styles

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Aug 8 04:13:51 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1056. Mon Aug 7 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  110

Subject: 6.1056, Qs: Non-linguists, Teaching stress, Learning styles

                           REMINDER

Date:  Sun, 06 Aug 1995 17:30:38 EDT
From:  V367MY88 at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
Subject:  What non-linguists notice about speech

2)
Date:  Sun, 06 Aug 1995 22:32:50 EDT
From:  koenig at lenny.haskins.yale.edu
Subject:  Help: teaching stress in intro phonetics

3)
Date:  Sun, 06 Aug 1995 19:04:38 PDT
From:  KWOODMAN at UVVM.UVic.CA (Karen Woodman)
Subject: Learning styles and strategies research

Date:  Sun, 06 Aug 1995 17:30:38 EDT
From:  V367MY88 at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu

I am looking for information on the investigation of what non-linguists
notice about spoken language.  Which aspects of spoken language (phonological,
syntactical, lexical, and so on) catch people's attention, and how do non-
linguists understand and categorize their awareness of others' speech?  If
anyone knows of research in this area, I would be grateful to hear about it.
S. Krainz
(V367MY88 at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu)