6.1074, Jobs: Speech Recognition

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Aug 10 20:16:49 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1074. Thu Aug 10 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  68

Subject: 6.1074, Jobs: Speech Recognition

Date:  Thu, 10 Aug 1995 12:59:30 CDT
From:  Mark at ccgate.dragonsys.com
Subject:   Position available: Dragon Systems (speech recognition)

Date:  Thu, 10 Aug 1995 12:59:30 CDT
From:  Mark at ccgate.dragonsys.com

                        Research Scientist

We seek an exceptionally talented scientist to join a team that is
creating breakthroughs in research on large-vocabulary
conversational speech recognition and its applications.  We are
prepared to teach the necessary speech science to a Ph.D. in
physics, mathematics, computer science, or other quantitative
science.  This scientist must be skilled with computers (C
programming skills desired) and interested in languages.  Some
knowledge of Spanish is preferred and native fluency would be a
great asset.

Promising candidates will be invited to our facility in Newton,
Massachusetts to give a half-hour research seminar on a topic of
their choice and to take a programming test.

We're an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer which
recognizes the strength of a diverse workforce.

                       ABOUT DRAGON SYSTEMS

At Dragon Systems, Inc., the world leader in PC-based speech
recognition technology, we've created an open, team-centered
environment that enables our people to utilize their expertise in
innovative ways.  As pioneers in the field, we're changing the way
people work.  As an expanding international company, we're looking
for motivated individuals to contribute to our drive.

At Dragon Systems, you'll experience the freedom to act on your
ideas and the support of talented peers.  We also foster personal
and professional growth through a competitive compensation and
benefits package.  We hope to fill this position by July 19, 1995.
Please send your resume to: Director, Human Resources, Dragon
Systems, Inc., 320 Nevada Street, Newton, MA 02160; FAX: (617)
332-9575; email: internet: Paul at dragonsys.com.