6.1146, Qs: Norwegian, List of common words, French/English neologisms

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Aug 22 21:03:05 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1146. Tue Aug 22 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  151

Subject: 6.1146, Qs: Norwegian, List of common words, French/English neologisms

                           REMINDER

Date:  Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:42:54 -0400
From:  ANA at beattie.uct.ac.za ("* Deumert, A, Ana, Ms")
Subject:        question: Norwegian

2)
Date:  Mon, 21 Aug 1995 09:30:12 EDT
From:  mcdonoug at ling.ohio-state.edu (Joyce McDonough)
Subject:  info request

3)
Date:  Mon, 21 Aug 1995 19:53:54 EDT
From:  d346215 at er.uqam.ca (Sylvie Berard)
Subject:  French/English neologisms

Date:  Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:42:54 -0400
From:  ANA at beattie.uct.ac.za ("* Deumert, A, Ana, Ms")

From: BEATTIE/ANA (         )
To:             linguist at tamv1.tamu.edu
Date sent:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:38:50

Dear linguists,
could someone help me to find examples representing the difference
between the two official standard languages in Norway (nynorsk and
bokmal).
All the textbooks at our library are for bokmal only and I would like
to understand the differences and similarities between the two
languages. Maybe someone could just translate the following sentences
into nynorsk:

Jeg trodde han spilte fiolin.
Jeg sa en som hang pa veggen.

Thank you very much for your help