6.1700, All: Contributions 96

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Dec 4 22:02:18 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1700. Mon Dec 4 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  148

Subject: 6.1700, All: Contributions 96

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Mon, 04 Dec 1995 15:33:25 EST
From:  hdry at emunix.emich.edu (Helen Dry)
Subject:  contributions 96 (revised)

Date:  Mon, 04 Dec 1995 15:33:25 EST
From:  hdry at emunix.emich.edu (Helen Dry)

Dear LINGUIST Subscribers:

We want to express our appreciation to those of you who responded to
our recent call for donations to the LINGUIST Development Fund.  The
contributions collected so far this year total $1090, and we are
grateful to you for responding so quickly and generously.  However, we
also need to alert you all to the status of the fund.  Contributions
have fallen short of what we need to maintain the list.

Because we have $2000 left over from last year, we now have $3090 of
the $8000 necessary to renew our fellowships for student editors in
1996-1997 at the current stipend.  In short, we need an additional
$5000 just to sustain the list.  However, we still hope to be able to
raise our stipend and support our graduate students more adequately.
So, we are coming to you again to ask for contributions.  We want very
much to continue to publish the LINGUIST List and to develop the
LINGUIST Network, and to do so, we need your donations.

In the expectation that we will reach our funding goal, we are calling
for applications for the LINGUIST Fellowship at Eastern Michigan
University (EMU).  Ann Dizdar will be continuing as LINGUIST Fellow at
Texas A&M, moving up to Associate Editor, but Ljuba Vselinova, having
completed her M.A. at Eastern Michigan, will be leaving us.  So the
EMU LINGUIST fellowship will be available.  The LINGUIST Fellow receives
a $4000 stipend (at present) plus a full tuition waiver of 15 graduate hours
per year.  The Fellow works editing LINGUIST 15-20 hours per week and
must be enrolled as a graduate student.  For more information contact:

Daniel Seely
Graduate Advisor
Dept. of English Language and Lit
Eastern Michigan U
Ypsilanti, MI  48197
dseely at emunix.emich.edu

Again, we would like to thank the contributors listed below, who make these
fellowships possible.

Helen, Anthony, & Daniel
LINGUIST Moderators

1996 Contributors