6.1717, Qs: Body lg, Lg and ideology, Internet lg learning

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Dec 8 04:03:15 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1717. Thu Dec 7 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  103

Subject: 6.1717, Qs: Body lg, Lg and ideology, Internet lg learning

                           REMINDER

Date:  Wed, 06 Dec 1995 17:54:50 +0300
From:  atesman at eti.cc.hun.edu.tr (Ender Atesman)
Subject:  Body Language

2)
Date:  Wed, 06 Dec 1995 10:38:16 EST
From:  alexei at acpub.duke.edu (Alexei Iourtchak)
Subject:  language and ideology

3)
Date:  Wed, 06 Dec 1995 17:01:05 GMT
From:  NEGRETTI at chiostro.univr.it
Subject:   internet and the teaching/learning of English

Date:  Wed, 06 Dec 1995 17:54:50 +0300
From:  atesman at eti.cc.hun.edu.tr (Ender Atesman)

Dear all,

I am looking for bibliographical information on body language.
Does anyone help me?

Thanking you in advance,

Ender Atesman
Hacettepe University
Dept. of German Language and Literature
Ankara, Turkey
atesman at eti.cc.hun.edu.tr
Date:  Wed, 06 Dec 1995 10:38:16 EST
From:  alexei at acpub.duke.edu (Alexei Iourtchak)

I have a question to the linguist list subscribers: I am writing my
doctoral dissertation in anthropology on Ideology and Consciousness of
the late Soviet period. There will be a chapter on Ideological
Discourse, which has been studied a lot. However, I would like to look
at some aspects of grammar/semantics of that discourse too,
particularly at the Soviet case. Does anyone have references / ideas
about the issues of grammar, semantics, cognition in ideological
language? What has been done in this area?  Thanks for your help.

Alexei Iourtchak

Cultural Anthropology, Duke