6.133 Qs: Ryukyu, Attitudes toward data, Capitalization, Invented lang

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 1 02:08:08 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-133. Tue 31 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 112

Subject: 6.133 Qs: Ryukyu, Attitudes toward data, Capitalization, Invented lang

                           REMINDER

Date:          Sun, 29 Jan 1995 21:59:31 GMT-5
From: "Fujisawa, Kensuke" (FUJISAWK at coral.indstate.edu)
Subject: Ryukyu

2)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 95 08:14:46 EST
From: amr at ares.cs.wayne.edu
Subject: Query: Attitudes towards data

3)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 95 10:12:39 PST
From: anfallen at ursula.uoregon.edu (Anthea Fallen-Bailey)
Subject: Query:  history of capitalisation in English?

4)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 11:21:38 -0500 (EST)
From: "Donald Zhang Osborn" (osborndo at student.msu.edu)
Subject: "Invented languages"

Date:          Sun, 29 Jan 1995 21:59:31 GMT-5
From: "Fujisawa, Kensuke" (FUJISAWK at coral.indstate.edu)

    My name is Ken Fujisawa.  I am seeking Information regarding the
langauge Ryukyu.  All that I know about the language is that it
belongs to the Turkic branch of the Altaic language family, and it is
spoken in Okinawa, Japan.  I would appreciate any information about
how much it is related to Japanese, its syntax, writing system, and
so on.