6.191 Words that are their own opposites

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 11 19:04:15 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-191. Sat 11 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 190

Subject: 6.191 Words that are their own opposites

Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 13:32:52 +0000 (GMT)
From: Ogden (C.M.Ogden at herts.ac.uk)
Subject: Re: 6.108 Sum: Words that are their own opposites (part 2)

2)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 20:47:30 PDT
From: "Jules Levin" (jflevin at ucrac1.ucr.edu)
Subject: RE: 6.108 Sum: Words that are their own opposites

3)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 1995 21:28:50 +0200 (WET)
From: Ron Kuzar (rhle702 at research.haifa.ac.il)
Subject: Self-opposites

4)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 11:03:08 +0100 (MET)
From: hartmut at ruc.dk (Hartmut Haberland)
Subject: 6.167 Words that are their own opposites

5)
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 95 08:49:29 +0000
From: "R.Hudson" (uclyrah at ucl.ac.uk)
Subject: words that are their own opposites

6)
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 1995 23:42:52 CST
From: greenman (rjs36014 at acuvax.acu.edu)
Subject: RE: 6.167 Words that are their own opposites

Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 13:32:52 +0000 (GMT)
From: Ogden (C.M.Ogden at herts.ac.uk)

A slight deviation from your subject, but very much related: What about
'buttering', 'salting', 'sugaring' as terms to imply addition and
'milking' meaning 'to take away milk' rather than 'to add milk'.

Regards
Caroline Ogden, University of Herts, 1st year.