6.239 Qs: Chinese software, Help with names, Topicalization, Scanners

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 18 16:53:22 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-239. Sat 18 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 211

Subject: 6.239 Qs: Chinese software, Help with names, Topicalization, Scanners

                           REMINDER

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 10:45:08 +0100
From: Cornelis Smilde (Kees.Smilde at ccl.kuleuven.ac.be)
Subject: chinese

2)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 95 13:45:50 MET
From: elsingw at jet.let.vu.nl
Subject: looking for first names

3)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 95 08:15:32 EST
From: susann at azrael.mitre.org (Susann LuperFoy)
Subject: English topicalization (and other changes)

4)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 10:25:04 -0500 (EST)
From: Megan J Crowhurst (mjcrowhu at email.unc.edu)
Subject: Scanners

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 10:45:08 +0100
From: Cornelis Smilde (Kees.Smilde at ccl.kuleuven.ac.be)

Dear Linguist readers,

a colleague of mine is considering the idea of having a substantial Computer
Based Training package adapted to the Chinese market.

For that reason, he would like to have some addresses of companies having
serious experience in either the development of Chinese MS-Windows software, or
in the localisation of such software for the Chinese market.

References to technical information about the handling of Chinese characters in
Windows 3.1. are welcome as well.

Many thanks,

Cornelis J. Smilde
Centrum voor Computerlinguistiek                       tel: ++32-16-325086
Maria-Theresiastraat 21                                fax: ++32-16-325098
B-3000 Leuven                              e-mail:  corn at et.kuleuven.ac.be