6.250 Language & Species, DNA and Natural Language

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 18 22:26:24 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-250. Sat 18 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 131

Subject: 6.250 Language & Species, DNA and Natural Language

Date:    Sun, 12 Feb 95 16:07 PST
From: Rachel Lagunoff                      (IHW1009 at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU)
Subject: Re: 6.189 Innateness/ Language & Species

2)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 11:38:17 -0600
From: Condon Sherri L (slc6859 at usl.edu)

3)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 10:04:37 -0800
From: bill at hivnet.ubc.ca (Bill Turkel)
Subject: DNA and natural language

Date:    Sun, 12 Feb 95 16:07 PST
From: Rachel Lagunoff                      (IHW1009 at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU)

For those interested in the language and species discussion, I should mention
that I am teaching an undergraduate seminar this quarter on the very topic
(called Apes and Language -- covering "What is (human) language?" "What is
American Sign Language?" and "What is it that the trained apes can do?" but
not the evolutionary aspects.)  If anyone would like to see a copy of the
syllabus and readings, I would be glad to send one to you.

Rachel Lagunoff
UCLA