6.263 Qs: Esperanto, Corpus typology, English number, CLARIFICATION

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Feb 21 12:58:28 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-263. Tue 21 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 117

Subject: 6.263 Qs: Esperanto, Corpus typology, English number, CLARIFICATION

Date:         Mon, 20 Feb 95 11:52:19 +0000 (GMT)
From: Michael Everson (EVERSON at IRLEARN.UCD.IE)
Subject:      Esperanto's genetic relations

2)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 95 13:08:19 GMT
From: Saiz (martas at ccl.umist.ac.uk)
Subject: Corpus text typology

3)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 95 14:06:35 GMT
From: Na-Thalang S (nathsv at essex.ac.uk)
Subject: References: acquisition of English grammatical number

4)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 11:12:06 -0500 (EST)
From: "Kelly K. Wahl" (jazykved at umich.edu)
Subject: CLARIFICATION OF QUERY

Date:         Mon, 20 Feb 95 11:52:19 +0000 (GMT)
From: Michael Everson (EVERSON at IRLEARN.UCD.IE)

Is Esperanto considered an Indo-European language? Is it considered
Italic? Romance? If so, which if any of the following would be
correct?

Indo-European: Artificial: Esperanto
Indo-European: Italic: Artificial: Esperanto
Indo-European: Italic: Romance: Artificial: Esperanto
Indo-European: Italic: Latino-Faliscan: Artificial: Esperanto
Indo-European: Italic: Latino-Faliscan: Romance: Artificial: Esperanto

Please write to me directly; I will summarize for the list.
(I'll also tell you _why_ I'm asking.)
Thanks,
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta
15 Port Chaeimhghein I/ochtarach; Baile A/tha Cliath 2; E/ire*Ireland
Gutha/in:   +353 1 478-2597, +353 1 283-9396   Facsa: +353 1 283-7778
27 Pa/irc an Fhe/ithlinn; Baile an Bho/thair; Co. A/tha Cliath; E/ire