6.275 Summary and Query: First names of authors

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 22 22:18:58 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-275. Wed 22 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 110

Subject: 6.275 Summary and Query: First names of authors

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 95 16:55:28 MET
From: elsingw at jet.let.vu.nl
Subject: Sum/Qs: first names

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 95 16:55:28 MET
From: elsingw at jet.let.vu.nl

from  Wilma Elsing,
        snail-mail elsingw at jet.let.vu.nl

Dear LINGUIST-ers!

About a week ago, I sent a query to the list, asking people to help
me with the first names of authors which are mentioned in one of the
papers in the book on SLA research my supervisor (prof. dr. Peter
Jordens) is editing.

Thanks everyone who took the time to respond to my query!
(untill today i.e. Bill Croft, Geert Verleyen, Shanley Allen, Larry
Trask, Julia S. Falk, Bernd Moebius, Brian Joseph, Alice Faber, Peter
J. Bailey, Stefanie Jannedy, James J. Jenkins, Udo Fries, Steve
Harlow, Michael Job)

Most of the 'blanks' are filled in by now:
        Bailey, Peter
        Cherry, E(dward) Colin
        Cruse, D(avid) Alan
        Siqueland, Einar R.
        Vigorito, James
        Syrdal-Lasky, Ann
        Polka, Linda
        Roach, Daniel
        Sendlmeier, Una M.
        Zlatin, Marsha
        Koenigsknecht, Roy

There are only four 'problems' left; we would be grateful if anyone
could help us 'solve' them! (If you know one or more names, please
respond directly to me:  elsingw at jet.let.vu.nl)

These are the names we are still looking for:
Missler, R.
        Missler, R. (1986), "Analytic and synthetic cognitive
        functioning: A critical review of evidence bearing on
        field dependence", Journal of Research in Personality 20:
        1-33.
Rounds, P.L.
        Burmeister, Hartmut & P.L. Rounds (eds) (1990), Proceedings
        of the 10th meeting of the Second Language Research Forum, I.
        Eugene, OR: Department of Linguistics and American English
        Institute, University of Oregon.
Doron, S.
        Doron, S. (1973), Reflectivity-Impulsivity and their
        influence on reading for adult students of ESL [Unpublished
        paper, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Kachroo, J.N.
        Kachroo, J.N. (1962), "Report on an investigation into the
        teaching of vocabulary in the first year of English",
        Bulletin of he Central Institute of English 2: 67-72.

There are two more questions I would like to ask:
* Does anybody know whether the following book has already appeared?

        Strange, Winifred (in press), Speech perception and
linguistic experience: Theoretical and methodological issues in cross-
language speech research. Timonium, MD: York Press.

* We don't have the following book in the libraries, therefor we are
not able to find the page-numbers of the following article:

        Rizzi, Luigi (1978), "Violation of the wh-island constraint
in Italian and the subjacency condition" In: Colette Dubuisson, David
Lightfoot, Yves Charles Morin (eds) (1978), Montreal Working Papers
in Linguistics II. Montreal: L'association linguistique de Montreal,
Canada, p. ...  - ... .

Thanks again for your help!

Wilma Elsing

        Drs. Wilma Elsing