6.308 Qs: Engineering writing, AILA, Informal com, Narrative

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Feb 26 23:16:40 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-308. Sun 26 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 130

Subject: 6.308 Qs: Engineering writing, AILA, Informal com, Narrative

                           REMINDER

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 95 20:11:39 EST
From: nartemev at ccs.carleton.ca (Natalia Artemeva)
Subject: Engineering Writing

2)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 8:24:05 -0500 (EST)
From: Ana Roca (ROCAA at SERVAX.FIU.EDU)
Subject: Language Planning Committee of AILA

3)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 95 15:53:43 CET
From: "Henk Wolf" (H.A.Y.Wolf at stud.let.ruu.nl)
Subject: informal communication

4)
Date:         Sat, 25 Feb 95 16:04:46 MST
From: Mary Ellen Ryder (RENRYDER at idbsu.idbsu.edu)
Subject:      Linguists working on narrative

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 95 20:11:39 EST
From: nartemev at ccs.carleton.ca (Natalia Artemeva)

        Dear List,
I'm working on my Master's that deals with teaching
writing in the context of academic engineering curriculum.
It seems to me that there was a boom of publications concerning
this issue in the late 70s - early 80s, but I could find
only a few recent publications. I know that there some very interesting
coutse at Michigan University but I don't know how to get any information
about it. If anybody can help me with sources or provide any information
about such courses in Noth American Universities, I would greatly
appreciate it.
I will present either a summary or a detailed bibliography as soon as
I have enough information.
                Thank you in advance,
                Natasha Artemeva
                Department of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies,
                Carleton University,
                Ottawa, Ontarion, Canada

                nartemev at ccs.carleton.ca