6.09 Qs: Anglo-Saxon, ESL, Spectrogram, Interaction/noisy channels

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Jan 11 02:41:14 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-09. Tue 10 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 127

Subject: 6.09 Qs: Anglo-Saxon, ESL, Spectrogram, Interaction/noisy channels

               Liz Bodenmiller <eboden at emunix.emich.edu>

                           REMINDER

Date: Sat, 24 Dec 1994 16:26:53 -0700 (PDT) Date-warning: Date header was
 inserted by Cayley.Stanford.EDU
From: dubs at Cayley.Stanford.EDU (Greg Dubs)
Subject: Anglo Saxon questions

2)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 23:13:02 +0200 (IST)
From: shalev michael (mshalev at ccsg.tau.ac.il)
Subject: ESL Software

3)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 1994 23:16:25 +0200 (IST)
From: shalev michael (mshalev at ccsg.tau.ac.il)
Subject: PC-Based Spectrogram software

4)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 95 11:23:31 +0100
From: jussi at sics.se
Subject: conversation over noisy channels

Date: Sat, 24 Dec 1994 16:26:53 -0700 (PDT) Date-warning: Date header was
 inserted by Cayley.Stanford.EDU
From: dubs at Cayley.Stanford.EDU (Greg Dubs)

2 Anglo-Saxon questions:

1) Does anyone know the contact person(s) for the group in Canada that was
compiling all Anglo-Saxon texts on CD-ROM?

2) Does anyone know of any scholarly articles on the Anglo-Saxon Runic
Poem?  I have some truly wretched popular articles on it, and Bruce Dickins
translation.  I have gathered that there are disputes over the accuracy of
Dicken's text, but have been unable to locate the supposedly more accurate
text in R.M. Meyer's discussion (which I believe is in Runenlied,
Bibliothek des angelsaechischen Poesie).

Thanks in advance,

Greg Dubs

Greg Dubs, PhD
Genetics Dept