6.13 Qs: Multimodal reference, Speech differences, Fonts, Sociology

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 12 20:45:39 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-13. Thu 13 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 150

Subject: 6.13 Qs: Multimodal reference, Speech differences, Fonts, Sociology

               Liz Bodenmiller <eboden at emunix.emich.edu>

                           REMINDER

Date: Mon, 2 Jan 95 11:26:59 +0100
From: jussi at sics.se
Subject: multimodal discourse referents

2)
Date:         Tue, 03 Jan 95 11:43:12 MET
From: Monique Biemans (U249061%HNYKUN11.bitnet at HEARN.nic.SURFnet.nl)
Subject:      query: within-sex speech differences

3)
Date: Tue Jan  3 14:29:19 1995 (GMT + 0530)
From: doctor at parcom.ernet.in
Subject: FONT CONVERTOR SFP TO BDF FORMAT

4)
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 10:31:15 -0600 (CST)
From: Steven Schaufele (fcosws at firefly.prairienet.org)
Subject: Q: Bibliographic search for sociology of language

Date: Mon, 2 Jan 95 11:26:59 +0100
From: jussi at sics.se

Dear linguists,

Does anyone know of work -- studies, analyses -- in multimodal reference:
i. e. how words and picture interact and refer to each other in texts?

Jussi Karlgren                                          Jussi.Karlgren at sics.se
Sw Inst of Comp Sc (SICS)         Spr}kteknologi / Natural Language Processing
Box 1263, 164 28 Kista                 ph +46 8 752 15 00, fax +46 8 751 72 30
Stockholm, Sweden                    http://sics.se/~jussi/jussi-karlgren.html