6.44 Varia: Animals and Who, Kant and Innateness

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Jan 16 17:07:10 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-44. Mon 16 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 94

Subject: 6.44 Varia:  Animals and Who, Kant and Innateness

               Liz Bodenmiller <eboden at emunix.emich.edu>

Date:         Mon, 09 Jan 95 14:57:42 CST
From: Frances Ingemann (FING%UKANVM at UICVM.UIC.EDU)
Subject:      animals and who

2)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 17:07:09 +1030
From: David Powers (powers at ist.flinders.edu.au)
Subject: Re: 6.19 Kant and Innateness

Date:         Mon, 09 Jan 95 14:57:42 CST
From: Frances Ingemann (FING%UKANVM at UICVM.UIC.EDU)

An additional piece of data to add to the discussion on the use of
who for animals.  When I took my dog to board in a kennel during the
holidays, I was asked by the kennel operator, "Who do we have here?"

Frances Ingemann
University of Kansas