6.47 Qs: Laryngealized V's; Coptic; Anthropoids; Buy & Write

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Jan 16 21:57:32 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-47. Mon 16 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 121

Subject: 6.47 Qs: Laryngealized V's; Coptic; Anthropoids; Buy & Write

               Liz Bodenmiller <eboden at emunix.emich.edu>

                           REMINDER

Date:    Sat, 14 Jan 95 12:11 PST
From: Barbara Blankenship                  (IAFABRB at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU)
Subject: SEEKING LANGUAGE WITH LARYNGEALIZED VOWELS

2)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 1995 18:22:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Vincent DeCaen (decaen at epas.utoronto.ca)
Subject: Coptic vowels

3)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 95 18:51:14 -0500
From: krovetz at cs.umass.edu (BOB KROVETZ)
Subject: Anthropoid linguistic ability and morphology

4)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 22:31:00 +0900
From: (GCA01363 at niftyserve.or.jp)
Subject: Queries: buy and write / need and have t

Date:    Sat, 14 Jan 95 12:11 PST
From: Barbara Blankenship                  (IAFABRB at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU)

Please help me find a language.  I am looking for one that has creakiness
 or laryngealization contrastively on vowels (not an effect from nearby
consonants), and the creakiness is not redundant with low tone.  The
language must not be related to mazatec, and must be one for which
phonetic data are readily available.  Any suggestions?