6.131 FYI: Computational Ling Project, New Software-WinGlos 2.1

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Jan 30 22:10:06 UTC 1995

To: linguist at tamvm1.tamu.edu
Subject: 6.131  FYI: Computational Ling Project, New Software-WinGlos 2.1

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-131. Mon 30 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 118

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 15:41:07 +0100
From: Walter.Daelemans at kub.nl
Subject: ACL Special Interest Group Language Learning

2)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 16:47:19 +0100
From: uvifejgg at cesga.es (Javier Gomez Guinovart)
Subject: New software: WinGlos 2.1

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 15:41:07 +0100
From: Walter.Daelemans at kub.nl

 To: All those interested in language learning
 Subject: Inauguration of SIGNLL

1. What is SIGNLL?

The ACL (Association for Computational Linguistics) Special Interest
Group on Natural Language Learning has recently been set up.  Our
constitution and a statement of goals, list of officers etc. are
available in our WWW server (see below).

2. Membership

Membership is open to all, and costs nothing.  Simply send an email to
the secretary, walter.daelemans at kub.nl, or fill in the electronic form
accessible via the WWW server.

3. Events

We recently met at the ELSnet/MLnet workshop in Amsterdam (a report
can be found on the WWW server describing the workshop), and for our
next event we will be joining ACL's SIGDAT in the WVLC3 Workshop on
Very Large Corpora which will be held in conjunction with the
forthcoming ACL'95.

Relevant URLs:

SIGNLL WWW server:

ELSnet/MLnet Workshop:

WVLC3:

http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~yarowsky/wvlc3.html

4. Elections

The current officers and advisory committee arose from the Vienna
workshop on Machine Learning and Text Analysis (held at ECML, Easter
93) and have steered SIGNLL through the process of gaining ACL SIG
status.  We will be holding formal elections, in accordance with our
constitution, on 26th May, by electronic mail to or by filling in a
WWW form which will be available from the SIGNLL WWW server. More
information will be available to members soon.

Dr. Walter Daelemans
ITK (Institute for Language Technology and A.I.); Tilburg University;
<P.O. BOX 90153; NL-5000 LE Tilburg; The Netherlands; Tel: +31 13
663070; Fax: +31 13 662537; E-mail: walter.daelemans at kub.nl.