6.935, TOC: Legal Philosophy and Legal Theory

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jul 6 14:40:19 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-935. Thu Jul 6 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  77

Subject: 6.935, TOC: Legal Philosophy and Legal Theory

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: hdry at emunix.emich.edu (Helen Dry)
---------------------------Note----------------------------------------

At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

-------------------------Table of Contents--------------------------------

    THE DUTCH JOURNAL OF LEGAL PHILOSOPHY AND LEGAL THEORY

                            SPECIAL

                 LAW, RHETORIC, AND LITERATURE

This issue explores the intimate relationships between law,
rhetoric and literature. In what ways is law like literature?
How is legal knowledge transmitted? What can literature add to
the rhetorical analysis of legal discourse?

Table of contents

Willem J. Witteveen:     The Literary, the Rhetorical, and the
                         Ethical: Some Evocations of Law
Peter Goodrich:          Transmission and Law: Or, a Sorrow
                         Beyond Words
Willem J. Witteveen:     After Rhetoric and Before the Law
G.C.G.J. van Roermund:   Law is Narrative, not Literature
Richard Weisberg:        Comment
C.W. Maris:              The Muses' Sweet Honey; Ethics, Aes-
                         thetics and Love in Nussbaum, Lucre-
                         tius and Critical Schizoism

- The Dutch Journal of Legal Philosophy and Legal Theory..
(December 1994) 81 p.
- ISSN 0165-0831
- DFL. 25,00
- Uitgeverij Tjeenk Willink, PB 25, 8000 AA  ZWOLLE

---------------------------Note----------------------------------------

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and working papers
if they are reduced to 20 lines or less; and we maintain journal backlists
on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not allow us to post the tables
of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
        LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
        compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
        AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu