6.778, FYI: De Proverbio, New list: ARCLING, New Discussion List

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Jun 5 20:29:58 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-778. Mon 05 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 168

Subject: 6.778, FYI: De Proverbio, New list: ARCLING, New Discussion List

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 09:18:25 +1000
From: Teodor.Flonta at modlang.utas.edu.au
Subject: 'De Proverbio' NEWS

2)
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 10:04:14 +1000
From: Malcolm.Ross at anu.edu.au (Malcolm Ross)
Subject: New list: ARCLING

3)
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 08:22:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: "R. F. Hahn" (rhahn at u.washington.edu)
Subject: New discussion list

Date: Mon, 29 May 1995 09:18:25 +1000
From: Teodor.Flonta at modlang.utas.edu.au

Hi,

I have some news regarding 'De Proverbio' and I intend to keep it brief for
everybody's sake.

In April the book publisher has been separated from the journal and has now
its own direct URL, that is http://info.utas.edu.au/docs/flonta/DPbooks

This month I have published there the 'Book of Proverbs' (Bible) in five
languages: Latin, English, French, German and Italian. Each chapter of one
language is cross-referenced with the same chapter of all the other
languages.
You are welcome to have a look...and, as there are more than 1,400 links in
the five books, I would be grateful for any information regarding faulty
ones!

I started 'constructing' the second issue of the journal, which is due in
September-October. You might be interested to read an illuminating article
written by Wolfgang Mieder about the proverbial rhetoric in Winston
Churchill. You can access the article directly at
http://info.utas.edu.au/docs/flonta/DP,1,2,95/CHURCHILL.html
or via the home page.

That's all from me for the moment. Thank you for your indulgence and I hope
to hear from you from time to time.

Ciao and best wishes,
Teodor

Dr Teodor Flonta                                        Tel.  (002) 202321
Department of Modern Languages (Italian)       International +61 02 202321
University of Tasmania                                  Fax.  (002) 207813
GPO Box 252C                                   International +61 02 207813
Hobart TASMANIA 7001
Australia
                     e-mail: Teodor.Flonta at modlang.utas.edu.au
                          http://info.utas.edu.au/docs/flonta/DPbooks