6.794, Qs: Lowth's Grammar, Negations, Spanish-Eng dictionary

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Jun 9 06:04:29 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-794. Fri 09 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 154

Subject: 6.794, Qs: Lowth's Grammar, Negations, Spanish-Eng dictionary

                           REMINDER

Date: 04 Jun 95 20:12:14 EDT
From: "Indigenous Lang. Proj." (102134.2274 at compuserve.com)
Subject: Q: Lowth's Grammar

2)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 01:38:55 +0000 (GMT)
From: jasam at fub46.zedat.fu-berlin.de (Elke Hentschel)
Subject: Query: negated questions

3)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 01:42:55 +0000 (GMT)
From: jasam at fub46.zedat.fu-berlin.de (Elke Hentschel)
Subject: Query: negated exclamations

4)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 22:25:16 -0400
From: ewb2 at cornell.edu (E. Wayles Browne)
Subject: Spanish-English dictionary/synthesizer

Date: 04 Jun 95 20:12:14 EDT
From: "Indigenous Lang. Proj." (102134.2274 at compuserve.com)

Does anyone know where I could obtain a copy of Bishop Robert
Lowth's _A Short Introduction to English Grammar_ (1762)?
(This is the guy that made up all those rules that put fear
into English students from Kindergarten through Ph.D.)

I would prefer an electronic version, but a hard copy version
would be fine, too.

I'll post a summary to the list.

Thank you,
Chuck Coker
102134.2274 at CompuServe.Com  (= New Temporary Address
CJCoker at CSUPomona.Edu       (= Still good, but I'm not checking
                               it regularly during the summer