6.798, Qs: Neurophysiology, Chinese rhymes, Native American lgs

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Jun 9 06:34:16 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-798. Fri 09 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 100

Subject: 6.798, Qs: Neurophysiology, Chinese rhymes, Native American lgs

                           REMINDER

Date: 4 Jun 95 18:59:00 EST
From: "SUSAN SOTILLO" (SOTILLO at apollo.montclair.edu)
Subject: neurophysiology and written language

2)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 18:14:13 -0400
From: Alexis Manaster Ramer (amr at CS.Wayne.EDU)
Subject: Chinese rhymes--help needed

3)
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 1995 17:29:28 -0700 (MST)
From: laura.roller at ASU.Edu
Subject: Call for Data: Please post

Date: 4 Jun 95 18:59:00 EST
From: "SUSAN SOTILLO" (SOTILLO at apollo.montclair.edu)

I would be grateful for references to recent research that would
fall under the category of neurophysiology.  Does anyone know of
studies on aphasic or other kinds of patients who are trying to
recover fluency in the use of language by using
computers to communicate with therapists, caretakers, or doctors?

The focus of this type of research should be on the strengthening
of neural networks through the use of computers by sending and
receiving messages.  It could also involve performing specific types of
exercises that stress writing as opposed to speech.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Please reply to
Sotillo at apollo.montclair.edu