6.800, Qs: Trans in Africa, Definite NPs, Portuguese, AL/DA

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Jun 9 06:48:38 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-800. Fri 09 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 112

Subject: 6.800, Qs: Trans in Africa, Definite NPs, Portuguese, AL/DA

                           REMINDER

Date: Tue, 06 Jun 1995 08:58:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: BANFAPA at VAX2.CONCORDIA.CA
Subject: Question

2)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 09:12:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: Michael Covington (mcovingt at ai.uga.edu)
Subject: Case marking of definite NPs only

3)
Date:          Tue, 6 Jun 1995 15:30:00 GMT
From: "billy clark" (BILLY1 at mdx.ac.uk)
Subject:       QUERY: Portuguese

4)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 01:11:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Toshihiko Ashikaga (ta50 at columbia.edu)
Subject: Discourse Analysis

Date: Tue, 06 Jun 1995 08:58:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: BANFAPA at VAX2.CONCORDIA.CA

Dear netters,
I am currently working on a project on the history of translation in Africa
south of the Sahara. I am studying the role and practice of this ancient art
form from precolonial times when translation was mainly practised in an
oral tradition context up till today when it is being practised in its most
modern form in the public service and private enterprises. Please, could anyone
out there help me with references, documents and pertinent information in this
area. I am particularly interested in information regarding Eastern and
Southern Africa, West and Central Africa.

Thanks