6.807, Qs: "Cold", Addresses needed, Syntactica, E Garcia's book

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Jun 12 08:00:12 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-807. Mon 12 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 130

Subject: 6.807, Qs: "Cold", Addresses needed, Syntactica, E Garcia's book

                           REMINDER

Date: Sat, 10 Jun 95 10:05:34 -0400
From: anderson at sapir.ling.yale.edu
Subject: Query: "cold"

2)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 1995 10:14:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: cristina castro (mccastro at teleport.com)
Subject: lists

3)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 22:12:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andrew Moreno (amoreno at broken.ranch.org)
Subject: Syntactica

4)
Date:         Fri, 09 Jun 95 11:11:53 EDT
From: Joseph Davis (JCDCC at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU)
Subject:      Book search

Date: Sat, 10 Jun 95 10:05:34 -0400
From: anderson at sapir.ling.yale.edu

A colleague in another department is interested in the extent to which
an association between cold temperatures and the set of flu-like
symptoms we call a "cold" is natural and apparent. He would like
examples from as wide a range of languages as possible of such
associations as evidenced by homophony like that of English "cold."
I'd be grateful if you could send me some examples to pass on to him.

--Steve Anderson