6.810, Qs: IPA fonts, NP-typology, Etymology, Dislocations

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jun 13 07:39:17 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-810. Tue 13 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 169

Subject: 6.810, Qs: IPA fonts, NP-typology, Etymology, Dislocations

                           REMINDER

Date: Sat, 10 Jun 95 09:59:32 -0400
From: anderson at sapir.ling.yale.edu
Subject: IPA fonts for Unix (TeX): Request for Japanese-speaking help

2)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 05:12:52 +0800
From: jieli at coli.uni-sb.de (Jie Li)
Subject: NP-typology

3)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 12:48:17 +0200 (BST)
From: Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk (Ted Harding)
Subject: Etymology: "Statist" etc.

4)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 08:07:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: PIERRE LARRIVEE (aaa552 at agora.ulaval.ca)
Subject: dislocations

Date: Sat, 10 Jun 95 09:59:32 -0400
From: anderson at sapir.ling.yale.edu

In Linguist 6.792, Jo"rg Knappen notes that "tsipa is more complete
(contains 1990 ipa additions) but the documentation is in japanese."
This situation has been true for some time, and I wonder if we can't
get something done about it. Surely one of our Japanese-speaking
colleagues could have a look at the tsipa package in the CTAN archives
(e.g., ftp://ftp.shsu.edu/tech-archive/fonts/tsipa) and translate the
documentation into English so as to make it more widely accessible.
You don't have to know anything much about TeX-hacking to do this, but
without some documentation, this reputedly excellent font is pretty
hard to use.

--Steve Anderson