6.811, Qs: Lg acquisition, Patwa/Patois, Recording, Arabic

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jun 13 07:46:43 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-811. Tue 13 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 129

Subject: 6.811, Qs: Lg acquisition, Patwa/Patois, Recording, Arabic

                           REMINDER

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 14:50:59 +0100 (BST)
From: Bethan Daultrey (BETHAN at ollamh.ucd.ie)
Subject: Language Acquisition Query

2)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 16:16:08 +0100
From: chp at language.ou.dk (Christian Heyde Petersen)
Subject: Patwa/Patois. The 'Rasta' language

3)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 16:22:09 BST
From: Alison Henry (AM.Henry at ulst.ac.uk)
Subject: Recording equipment for child language

4)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 95 19:52:46 +0200
From: ahousen at vnet3.vub.ac.be
Subject: Arabic Word Processor

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 14:50:59 +0100 (BST)
From: Bethan Daultrey (BETHAN at ollamh.ucd.ie)

Hi there!
I could use a bit help from any Language Acquisition people out there
(academic rather than practical, I'm glad to say). I'm looking for
ayn references on the acquisition of Dative Shift in English. I'm
particularly interested in the *negative evidence* side of things,
but all references are welcome. At the moment I'm looking at first
language acquisition but would also be interested in any second
language acquisition references people may have.

Please reply directly to me at
    bethan at ollamh.ucd.ie
and I will, of course, publish a summary if there is any interest.

Thanks in advance

Bethan Daultrey.

Linguistics Dept.
UCD, Belfield