6.813, Qs: American English, Russian Parsers, Corpus Software

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Jun 17 17:10:21 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-813. Sat Jun 17 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  93

Subject: 6.813, Qs:  American English, Russian Parsers, Corpus Software

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: hdry at emunix.emich.edu (Helen Dry)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 1995 17:34:29 -1100
From:  JMAR2 at mfs01.cc.monash.edu.au (Jessica Marks)
Subject:  Re: American-English in Australia

2)
Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 1995 12:40:34 PDT
From:  frumkes at u.washington.edu (Lisa Frumkes)
Subject:  Parsers for Russian

3)
Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 1995 17:50:16 EDT
From:  rlloyd at itsmail1.hamilton.edu (Richard G. Lloyd)
Subject:  corpus software

Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 1995 17:34:29 -1100
From:  JMAR2 at mfs01.cc.monash.edu.au (Jessica Marks)

Hello !  I'm working on a thesis concerning attitudes toward America
and the use of American-English by Australia.  I would be interested
in hearing from anyone who has researched this field or who knows of
recent research.  I'm particularly interested in the methods used to
illicit or ascertain the use of target vocabulary (eg. pharmacist Vs
chemist, candy Vs lollies etc.)

If you can help, please email JMAR2 at MFS01.cc.monash.edu.au

An edited list of responses will be posted on the Linguist List

Thank you,

JMAR2 at MFS01.cc.monash.edu.au