6.831, Sum: I. Mel'cuk

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jun 22 16:33:21 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-831. Thu 22 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 71

Subject: 6.831, Sum: I. Mel'cuk

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 15:47:29 +0200
From: Jerome.Serme at mrash.fr (Jerome Serme)
Subject: Summary: I. Mel'cuk

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 15:47:29 +0200
From: Jerome.Serme at mrash.fr (Jerome Serme)

A few people answered my question about I. Mel'cuk 1976 reference, so I thought
 a summary of the references I gathered might interest the Linguistlist as a
 whole. First, I wish to thank the people that answered me :
(in order of appearance)
Lars Borin
David Beck
Ariadna Solovyova
Claude Coulombe
Lonz (only reference I got on that person, from the electronic address. Sorry)
Miquel Aguado
Keith Goeringer
Claude Boisson

Some directed me to Pr Mel'cuk, who is teaching at Montreal university.
 Moreover, here is a list of Melc'uk 's  works, including the one I was looking
 for, and subsequent works which update his views on the sign/word :

1976. Das Wort. Zwischen Inhalt und Ausdruck. Munchen, Wilhelm Fink Verlag, 461
 p. (parts of the book are writen in English)
1979. "Syntactic, or Lexical, zero in natural language", Proceedings of the
 Berkeley Linguistics Society 5, 224-60.
1984-92. Dictionnaire explicatif et combinatoire du francais contemporain:
 Recherches lexico-semantiques, 3 vols, Montreal, Presses de l'universite de
 Montreal.
1988. "Semantic description of lexical units in an explanatory combinatorial
 dictionary", International Journal of Lexicography 1/3, 165-88.
1988. Dependency Syntax: Theory and practice, Albany, State University of New
 York Press.
1993. Cours de morphologie generale, vol. 1 : le mot, Montreal, Presses de
 l'Universite de Montreal.

Jerome Serme
Laboratoire 'Dynamique du Langage' (UMR 9961)
Maison Rhone-Alpes des Sciences de l'Homme
14, avenue Berthelot
69363 Lyon Cedex - FRANCE
Phone:   +33 72 72 64 12
Fax: +33 72 80 00 08