6.865, TOC: Pragmatics

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Jun 24 15:45:13 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-865. Sat Jun 24 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  88

Subject: 6.865, TOC: Pragmatics

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony M. Aristar)
---------------------------Note----------------------------------------
We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues if they are
reduced to 20 lines or less; and we maintain journal backlists on our
listserv.  Our resources, however, do not allow us to post the tables of
contents of books; and we prefer to post working paper TOC's only when the
issue seems to contain information otherwise difficult to find.  Working
paper TOC's must be reduced to 15 lines.

Available journal backlists include:
        LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
        compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu

-------------------------Table of Contents--------------------------------

PRAGMATICS: QUARTERLY PUBLICATION OF THE
INTERNATIONAL PRAGMATICS ASSOCIATION

Vol. 5, No. 1  (March 1995)

Susanne G=9ANTHNER and Hubert KNOBLAUCH, Culturally patterned
speaking practices - the analysis of communicative genres=20

Maria Rosa SOL=90 PLANAS, The process of children's ability to ask
questions from an interactive perspective

Grahame BILBOW, Requesting strategies in the cross-cultural business
meeting

Vol. 5, No. 2 (June 1995): SPECIAL ISSUE on CONSTRUCTING
LANGUAGES AND PUBLICS, edited by Susan Gal and Kathryn
Woolard

Susan GAL and Kathryn A. WOOLARD, Constructing languages and
publics: Authority and representation

Judith IRVINE, The family romance of colonial linguistics: Gender and
family in nineteenth-century representations of African languages

Susan GAL, Lost in a Slavic sea: Linguistic theories and expert knowledge
in 19th century Hungary

Richard BAUMAN, Representing Native American oral narrative: The
textual practices of Henry Rowe Schoolcraft

Michael SILVERSTEIN, From the meaning of meaning to the empires of
the mind: Ogden's Orthological English

Jane HILL, Junk Spanish, covert racism and the (leaky) boundary between
public and private spheres

Joseph ERRINGTON, State speech for peripheral publics in Java

Bambi B. SCHIEFFELIN, Creating evidence: Making sense of written
words in Bosavi

Jacqueline URLA, Outlaw language: Creating alternative public spheres
in Basque radio

Ben LEE, Performing the people

PRAGMATICS is available from: IPrA Secretariat, P.O. Box 33 (Antwerp
11), B-2610 Wilrijk, Belgium (tel. + fax: +32-3-230 55 74; e-mail:
ipra at uia.ua.ac.be)