6.890, Qs: Bangani, Clitic Doubling, Dates

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jun 27 15:57:50 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-890. Tue Jun 27 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  137

Subject: 6.890, Qs: Bangani, Clitic Doubling, Dates

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony M. Aristar)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Tue, 27 Jun 1995 00:11:28 -0000
From:  dmbaum at shani.net (Daniel Baum)
Subject:  Bangani

2)
Date:  Mon, 26 Jun 1995 18:26:08 +0200
From:  Dalina.Kallulli at avh.unit.no (Dalina Kallulli)
Subject:  Obligatory Clitic Doubling

3)
Date:  Mon, 26 Jun 1995 17:42:00 BST
From:  tony1 at liverpool.ac.uk ("Mr A.P. Berber Sardinha")
Subject:  date formats

Date:  Tue, 27 Jun 1995 00:11:28 -0000
From:  dmbaum at shani.net (Daniel Baum)

I am looking for any information and/or bibliographical references on an
Indian language called Bangani. This language apparently has preserved
some remarkable archaisms, and would appear from the available data in fact
not to be an Indo-Aryan language.

The only information I know of on the language appears in two articles by
Claus Peter Zoller in MSS 49 and 50, 1988 and 1989.

Daniel Baum
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Israel