6.903, TOC: FORENSIC LINGUISTICS Volume 2.1

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Jun 28 15:33:04 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-903. Wed Jun 28 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  98

Subject: 6.903, TOC:  FORENSIC LINGUISTICS Volume 2.1

Assoc. Editor: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: hdry at emunix.emich.edu (Helen Dry)
---------------------------Note----------------------------------------

At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

-------------------------Table of Contents--------------------------------

                        FORENSIC LINGUISTICS:
        The International Journal of Speech, Language and the Law
                        Volume 2, Issue 1 1995

Naive auditory identification and discrimination of similar
voices by familiar listeners
    By Phil Rose and Sally Duncan

A new jitter-algorithm to quantify hoarseness: an exploratory study
    By Isolde Wagner

Spectography of disputed speech samples by peripheral human
hearing modelling
    By David M. Howard, Allen Hirson, Tim Brookes and Andrew M. Tyrrell

The "Why" question
    By John Gibbons

Orientations in Lawyer-Client interviews
    By Yon Maley, Christopher N. Candlin, Jonathan Crichton
    and Pierre Koster

The language of the suffrage debates in the South Australian
Parliament, 1885-94
    By Lynda Penny, Sanchia Fitzhardinge and Helga Materne

The use of interpreters in court
    By John Carroll

The language of threats
    By Kate Storey

Bringing linguistics into judicial decision-making: semantic
analysis submitted to the US Supreme Court
    By Jeffrey P. Kaplan, Georgia M. Green, Clark D. Cunningham
    and Judith N. Levi

Book Reviews:

Review Article: Forensic Stylistics by Gerald McMenamin
    Reviewer: Dionysis Goutsos, University of Birmingham
Forensic Stylistics: A Workbook by Gerald McMenamin
    Reviewer: Charles Owen, University. of Birmingham
Forensic Phonetics by John Baldwin and Peter French
    Reviewer: Martin Duckworth, College of St. Mark & St. John
Police Communication and Language and the Channel Tunnel: a Report
    Reviewer: Isabelle Barriere, Birkbeck College, London
Interpreters and the Legal System by K. Laster and V. Taylor
    Reviewer: Michael Cooke, Batchelor College, NT Australia
Handbook for Legal Interpreters by L. Robinson
    Reviewer: Michael Cooke, Batchelor College, NT Australia

           For subscription enquiries and general info:
           info.journals at routledge.com.uk

---------------------------Note----------------------------------------

We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and working papers
if they are reduced to 20 lines or less; and we maintain journal backlists
on our listserv.  Our resources, however, do not allow us to post the tables
of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
        LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
        compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
        AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu