6.320 Qs: RTF/SGML/HTML, Concession, Preaspirated stops, Turkish

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Mar 1 12:39:27 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-320. Wed 01 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 106

Subject: 6.320 Qs: RTF/SGML/HTML, Concession, Preaspirated stops, Turkish

Date: Mon, 27 Feb 95 17:22:24 WET
From: "'Jean-Francois CARRASCO'" (carrasco at rateta.sop.cstb.fr)
Subject: RTF/SGML/HTML translation

2)
Date:         Mon, 27 Feb 95 13:16:41 EST
From: Julie Nicole (NICOJU at VM1.ulaval.ca)
Subject:      concession

3)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 1995 14:12 -0500 (EST)
From: Mike_Maxwell at sil.org
Subject: preaspirated stops

4)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 12:21 EST
From: "Dennis.Preston" (22709MGR at MSU.EDU)
Subject: Turkish social stratification

Date: Mon, 27 Feb 95 17:22:24 WET
From: "'Jean-Francois CARRASCO'" (carrasco at rateta.sop.cstb.fr)

Hi all,

this message is something like a bottle thrown to the netsea and bringing you a
calling for help : having only access to mail systems,I found very few things
about topics like the ones in the header in the maillist I've been reading till
now.
I am looking for information of all kind about the SGML and HTML standards as
well as the way to make plain text or even RTF turn into one of those above
mentioned. Is it possible, for example, to find free translators from the
educational world would they be MS Word macros, C or C++ Libraries or even
finite software...
I would like to know if someone in this list has heard about the possibilities
of indexing texts in one of the formats mentioned earlier...

Thanks to all of you who will spend some time in sending me information about
all this
Jean-Francois CARRASCO
CSTB
Sophia Antipolis France