6.323 Qs: Fieldwork in Tibet, Simplified Engl, Pig latin, Sp corpora

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Mar 2 07:07:31 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-323. Thu 02 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 133

Subject: 6.323 Qs: Fieldwork in Tibet, Simplified Engl, Pig latin, Sp corpora

                           REMINDER

Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 18:44:09 +0700 (BKK)
From: Krisadawan Hongladarom (artfkhl at chulkn.chula.ac.th)
Subject: Linguistic fieldwork in Rgyalthang, East Tibet

2)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 95 19:23:00 EST
From: laura at incontext.ca ()
Subject: Do you use Simplified English?

3)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 04:04:50 -0600 (CST)
From: Dan Diebolt (matroid at bga.com)
Subject: Formal description of "pig latin"

4)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 95 11:48:18 WET
From: "'Jean-Francois CARRASCO'" (carrasco at rateta.sop.cstb.fr)
Subject: Spanish corpora

Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 18:44:09 +0700 (BKK)
From: Krisadawan Hongladarom (artfkhl at chulkn.chula.ac.th)

Dear all,
        I'm interested in doing fieldwork on Rgyalthang dialect in
Yunnan.  I'd appreciate any help on the references on Rgyalthang in
particular or on Eastern Tibet in general (the references don't have
to be restricted to the field of language).
        I've read an article on house symbolism by Claes Corlin.  In
the article (1980) he mentioned his forthcoming book on the ethnography
of Rgyalthang.  I wonder if anyone has read the book (presuming it has
been out--I like to know where it is published), and if anyone knows
Corlin's address.
        Thank you very much.  Any suggestions on how to do fieldwork
in China & Tibet would be really appreciated.

                                        Krisadawan Hongladarom

                                        Dept. of Linguistics
                                        Faculty of Arts
                                        Chulalongkorn University