6.337 FYI: IE newsletter, Osgood, Science fiction, CTI list

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Mar 5 15:26:20 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-337. Sun 05 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 138

Subject: 6.337 FYI: IE newsletter, Osgood, Science fiction, CTI list

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 10:06:27 -0800 (PST)
From: "Deborah Anderson" (dwanders at violet.berkeley.edu)
Subject: IE Newsletter

2)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 14:24:54 -0600 (CST)
From: wachal robert s (rwachal at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu)
Subject: Charles Osgood

3)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 17:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Mike_Maxwell at sil.org
Subject: Linguistics in science fiction

4)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 11:01:50 +0000 (GMT)
From: Mike Fraser (mikef at sable.ox.ac.uk)
Subject: CTI Textual Studies List

Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 10:06:27 -0800 (PST)
From: "Deborah Anderson" (dwanders at violet.berkeley.edu)

A new edition of the Indo-European Newsletter has just appeared.  It
contains news, listings of new and forthcoming books, upcoming conferences
and a section devoted to Electronic Resources for Indo-European.  A memorial
to Jochem Schindler and Einar Haugen are also included, as well as an essay
by Vince Sarich (Dept. of Anthropology, UC Berkeley) on the use of genetic
evidence in making conclusions about human populations.

Upcoming issues will include an update on various IE language groups.

Subscription rates: $10 for students, $20 for others. Contributions go
toward publication of two newsletters per year, prizes at the annual UCLA IE
conference for best paper by a new scholar, lectures during the academic
year and at the annual conference, and general support of IE scholarship.
The newsletter is formally associated with the Indo-European Studies Program
at UCLA, but includes much information for those interested in Indo-European
both inside and outside the U.S.

For further information, please contact: Deborah Anderson, Vis. Scholar,
Dept. of Linguistics, 2337 Dwinelle Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA  94720
(e-mail: dwanders at violet.berkeley.edu) or FAIES, 2143 Kelton Ave., Los
Angeles, CA 90025.  (Checks should be made payable to UCLA Foundation/FAIES
and mailed to: 2143 Kelton Ave., Los Angeles, CA  90025.  Please include
your mailing address.)