6.350 Qs: Chinese NLP, ICCL-3, Cantonese, Yod deletion

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Mar 11 00:07:26 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-350. Fri 10 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 163

Subject: 6.350 Qs: Chinese NLP, ICCL-3, Cantonese, Yod deletion

                           REMINDER

Date: Tue, 7 Mar 95 14:15:56 -0500
From: dayuso at bbn.com (Damaris M. Ayuso)
Subject: Resources for Chinese NLP?

2)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 14:59:10 +0800 (HKT)
From: "R.Y.L. TANG" (h9290030 at hkuxa.hku.hk)
Subject: ICCL-3 Proceedings

3)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 14:50:08 +0800 (HKT)
From: "R.Y.L. TANG" (h9290030 at hkuxa.hku.hk)
Subject: Cantonese corpus

4)
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 1995 13:20:19 +1200
From: Jan Tent (TENT_J at usp.ac.fj)
Subject: References on Yod Deletion

Date: Tue, 7 Mar 95 14:15:56 -0500
From: dayuso at bbn.com (Damaris M. Ayuso)

We have begun some natural language processing work in Chinese, and
have been trying to find existing resources that may be available.

Our most pressing need now is for:
-  a computational grammar of Chinese.

We would also be interested in:
- a dictionary with parts of speech
- a corpus of text segmented and annotated with parts of speech
- a corpus of text segmented and bracketed indicating syntactic structure.

To be useful to us, the resources need to be available for research
and/or US Government usage.

Any leads would be much appreciated.  I'll be happy to share what I
find with others.

Please reply to me directly,

A million thanks!

Damaris M. Ayuso   (dayuso at bbn.com)