6.386 Qs: Videotape, Eng verbs, East Indian Eng, Singapore Eng

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Mar 18 17:57:32 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-386. Sat 18 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 117

Subject: 6.386 Qs: Videotape, Eng verbs, East Indian Eng, Singapore Eng

                           REMINDER

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 19:02:35 -0800 (PST)
From: David Ganelin (ganelin at netcom.com)
Subject: '60 Minutes' - March 5, 1995

2)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 95 15:47:31 GMT
From: Yorick Wilks (yorick at dcs.shef.ac.uk)
Subject: speech act verbs--request for lexicon

3)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 17:04:32 -0500 (EST)
From: cr (cranki1 at zeus.towson.edu)
Subject: REQ:Papers on East Indian English

4)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 10:32 +0800
From: 91A26936217F (91A26936217F at am.nie.ac.sg)
Subject: Native English

Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 19:02:35 -0800 (PST)
From: David Ganelin (ganelin at netcom.com)

There was a portion on '60 Minutes' last Sunday (3/5/95) about non-standard
varieties of English.  If anyone in the Los Angeles area happens to have
this on videotape, I'd like to arrange to get a copy of it.  One of my
classmates (who is not on the 'net) at Cal. State University - Earthquake, I
mean Northridge, would like to view it for research for her paper in our
class in Linguistic Variation.  Thanks for your kind cooperation.

David Ganelin  ESOL Instructor - The English Language Center, Westwood, LA
               Linguistics Student - CSUN