6.396 Qs: Old Irish, Spontaneous nasalisation, Canadian English

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Mar 20 21:45:29 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-396. Mon 20 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 85

Subject: 6.396 Qs: Old Irish, Spontaneous nasalisation, Canadian English

                           REMINDER

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 15:22:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Richard Dury (ERASMUS at UNIBG.IT)
Subject: Old Irish Expert required for quick query

2)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 17:16:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: robert boivin (r26670 at er.uqam.ca)
Subject: Spontaneous Nasalisation

3)
Date:        Tue, 14 Mar 95 16:53:25 EST
From: auger (CXJU at MUSICA.MCGILL.CA)
Subject: Canadian English

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 15:22:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Richard Dury (ERASMUS at UNIBG.IT)

I believe Old Irish had word-accent on the first-syllable.
1) was there an alliterative-verse tradition?
2) any evidence that allit. phrases might have been a feature of ordinary
or of any kinds of hight-register speech?
Thanks,
Richard Dury