6.400 Qs: European ling., Open/closed classes, Software for analysis

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Mar 20 23:06:28 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-400. Mon 20 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 86

Subject: 6.400 Qs: European ling., Open/closed classes, Software for analysis

                           REMINDER

Date:         Fri, 17 Mar 95 21:33:48 EST
From: Sonja Launspach (T720026 at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU)
Subject:      European linguistics

2)
Date:         Sat, 18 Mar 95 16:31:31 CST
From: C1737016 at UMSLVMA.UMSL.EDU
Subject:      open/closed word classes, etc.

3)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 17:14:33 +1000 (EST)
From: Jane Simpson (jhs at extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU)
Subject: QUERY: guide to software for linguistic analysis

Date:         Fri, 17 Mar 95 21:33:48 EST
From: Sonja Launspach (T720026 at UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU)

 I would like help in finding out information on linguistics in Europe--
how the field is structured? what theoretical models are important? What
departments in universities have linguists ? etc. I'm not sure where  to
go for this type of information--so pointers toward  sources or personal
knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
    Sonja Launspach
    t720026 at univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu